We've assembled a number of resources for you in order to make your employment at Big Sky more fulfilling. Key items to understanding your employment are the Employee Handbook and Boyne Basics Week 1, Boyne Basics Week 2, Boyne Basics Week 3, Boyne Basics Week 4.
Mountain Messenger Big Sky Employee Newsletter view online
Town Hall Meetings are held regularly throughout each season. It's your chance to share your thoughts with management.
- Submit questions and comments ahead of time, in writing, to the Town Meeting Box in Human Resources (or email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Topics and questions will be discussed at each symposium.
- Moderated meeting with Taylor Middleton, General Manger and all of the Big Sky Resort Leadership Team.
- Opportunity for follow-up Q & A.
- Awards and Business Updates
PO Box 160001
Big Sky, Montana 59716
Pay Periods & Time Cards
Pay Day is every other week. Schedule to follow
Download the Deduction Budgeting Form to help calculate your paycheck
Approving Time Cards
- Time cards must be approved at the end of the pay period (Wednesday) .
- To approve, select "Approve Timecard" on the time clocks.
- Swipe your badge and select "Current Pay Period" Review your hours.
- If they are correct "Approve" at the bottom of the page.
- If they are NOT correct contact your manager IMMEDIATELY.
- HR can not fix your hours, a manager must fix your hours by Friday of the week you do not get paid.
- If you do not correct your hours by the Friday the week before you get paid, the correction will not take effect until the following paycheck.
Hire Paperwork and Welcoming Sessions
11/11/13-12/21/13: 10:00am in the Mammoth Room
Must come with your IDs, even returning staff.
- IDENTIFICATION: Work Eligibility Documents - All Employees - Bring an A or a B and C
- Onboarding session will not be done without these Work Eligibility Documents. These must be original documents and only notarized copies will be accepted.
- Voided Check- To enroll in direct deposit for any United States bank (optional)
- International Employees - Please bring Passport and DS20-19.
- All Seasonal Employees must complete applications and paperwork every season.
- Must complete online hire paperwork before attending session.
- All Seasonal Employees must bring their work eligibilty documents each season.
All Seasonal (New and Returners) are REQUIRED to attend an orientation
- Time paid for attendance. Please arrange with your manager.
- FTYR employees must attend an orientation once per year.
- Be sure to sign in and turn in your checklist at orientation.
Winter 2013 Orientation Schedule coming soon
ALL Housing Check-Ins are at the Mountain Lodge
Mountain Lodge Office Hours
9:00am - 5:00pm, 7 days per week
- All Housing Check Ins are during office hours.
- Please inform Karst Stage or Skyline to drop you off at the Mountain Lodge
- $300 Housing Deposits Per Person are Required to make a reservation.
- Contact the Housing Coordinator Phil Gates at 406-995-5835 or email@example.com for more information
- View a MapHousing Deposit
DEPOSIT refund upon check-out
The housing deposit is returned on the paycheck for the corresponding pay period of which you checked out of housing, minus any damage and cleaning charges. Download housing inspection/check-out form
Wellness for Life
Wellness Challenge - Win a FREE IPOD TOUCH! Gift Cards and Goodies! See HR for details
Activities - Take a look at community events, resort activities and wellness classes below
Wellness Newsletter - Each week the Wellness-For-Life newsletter helps us take a minute for our health.
Gym Passes - Different options available for employees in Big Sky and Bozeman. See Activities.
Wellness Studio Schedule - Yoga, Pilates and more in the Big Sky Resort Wellness Studio. Employee discounts.
Environmental Sustainability - Check out what we do to have a healthy environment, join the Green Team
Smoke Free Environment - Big Sky Resort is a Smoke Free Environment for all Employees
Smoking Cessation Assistance - Tobacco Quit Line and helpful reading
Big Sky Resort supports the ADA and its regulations regarding the use of service animals, manually-powered mobility aids, power-driven mobility devices and adaptive devices with the safety and enjoyment of all guests and staff in mind. For complete accessibility information, please download our most recent ADA Statement.
Bus Schedules and Transportation
Skyline Bus around Big Sky and to Bozeman
Streamline circulates within the Bozeman area
Karst Stage provides airport transfers.
Learn how to get here, including which airlines offer direct flights.
Activities and Community Events
This Weeks Resort Activities - Resort Movies, Music, outdoor activities and more! Info sheet posted around the resort and on digital screens.
Wellness Class Schedule - Yoga, Pilates, Fitness and Nia in the Wellness Studio of the Village Center. Wellness Passes for Employees are a $12 drop-in fee or $80 season pass. Available in Basecamp. Must be purchased prior to attending class.
Big Sky Chamber - Check out the Events listed for the area.
Basecamp Activities - Free for all Big Sky Employees, some restrictions apply. See Basecamp for further details.
Winter Community Events - Not to miss, like the Employee Holiday Party and Sno-bar, details to follow.
Gym Pass Options
Shoshone Health Club at Big Sky Resort -- $225+ tax for season, December - April 15. Limited Available. Please pay in Basecamp.
Wellness Studio Passes -- $80 + tax / season employee rate, $12 + tax Drop-In Rate. Purchase in Basecamp.
The Ridge Athletic Center in Bozeman -- $100 off the Initiation Fee
Discounted and free skiing
Lone Mountain Ranch - Discounted Season Passes available for Nordic Skiing. Limited Available. Please sign-up in Human Resources.
MSAA - Montana Ski Area Association gives employees TWO FREE TICKETS TO ALL MONTANA SKI RESORTS! Get a voucher from your manager and bring to Ticket Sales to get your vouchers ahead of time. Please plan ahead, Ticket Sales is busy on the weekends. Includes Bridger Bowl, Discovery, Red Lodge, Whitefish Mountain, Montana Snowbowl.
Grand Targhee - Big Sky Employees are eligible for FREE skiing at Grand Targhee in Idaho. Get a voucher from your manager and bring to Ticket Sales to get your vouchers before your departure. Please plan ahead, Ticket Sales is busy on the weekends.
Half Price Tickets to Big Sky - Big Sky Employees are eligible for up to 10 half price ski tickets to Big Sky Resort for friends and family. Please get the vouchers from your manager in advance and bring to the Ticket Windows.
Boyne Resorts - Big Sky Employee Season Pass holders are eligible for FREE days of skiing at the Boyne Resorts. Boyne Resorts Reciprocal Request Form must be presented with your ski pass. Please get the form from you manager and bring to the other Resort's ticket office.
Going to another Mountain? - Give them a call ahead of time and see if they will offer you a deal as an Employee.
Reapply for next season!
Before you leave for the off-season, be sure to update your address for your last paycheck, W-2 and any referral bonuses.