At A Glance
- Groups: Max 5 people
- Minimum: 12 years and up
- Includes transportation to the Madison Base Area.
- Reservations Recommended
- Call Different Spokes to reserve your activity at (406) 995-5849
- Adult Day Bike Haul Ticket: $35
- Youth/Junior/Senior Day Bike Haul Ticket: $30
- Child Day Bike Haul Tikcet: Free
- Single Ride Explorer Ticket: $9
- Adult Bike Haul Pass: $299
- Youth/Junior Bike Haul Pass: $99
- Cross Country Guide: $45
- with Rental: $85
- Downhill Coaching: $75
- with Day Haul Ticket: $95
- with Day Haul Ticket and Rental: $115
- Private Lesson: $175/2 people
- with additional person: $25/person
All rates are subject to change. Please add 3% tax.
Guided tours now available!
Mountain Biking in and around the Big Sky area means miles of back country scenery, wildflowers, wildlife, and few human encounters. Big Sky Resort offers the areas only lift accessible downhill trails from the Swift Current and Explorer lifts right here in the Mountain Village. For those of you who enjoy the uphill burn or a nice comfortable pedal through the forest, you will be delighted to find that Big Sky Resort is surrounded by National Forest Service land that offers hundreds of miles of forest service roads and trails for mountain biking.
On the Mountain at Big Sky Resort, riders will find mostly advanced and expert downhill trails, with a new beginner trail off of the Explorer lift. Downhill and cross-country mountain bike rentals are available at the Different Spokes Bike Shop, (406) 995-5849. Prior to using freestyle terrain, it is the rider's responsibility to inspect the terrain, understand that the terrain changes constantly due to weather and use, assume the risk of injury when jumping, and keep control of body and equipment at all times. Please be courteous and respect others, clear the landing areas quickly and ride within your ability. Questions? Call Basecamp at (406) 995-5769.
For bike rentals, bike lift tickets, and gear, look no further than the Different Spokes Bike Shop in the Snowcrest Building at Big Sky Resort's Mountain Village Plaza. Be sure to view our Summer Trail Map.
Take a lift up, bike down on one of the 14 downhill trails at Big Sky Resort. Rent a bike or bring your own. All you'll need is a bike haul lift ticket or bike haul season pass, available for purchase at Different Spokes Bike Shop.
Cross Country Biking
Enjoy one of the 9 cross country biking and hiking trails surrounding Big Sky Resort, including the new connector trail between Moonlight and Big Sky Resort.
New This Year: Cross Country Bike Tours
Enjoy a tour with one of our enthusiastic and attentive bike guides on our mountain bike terrain out of the Madison Base Area. Running daily from 4:00pm - 6:15pm, these tours cover over 3 miles of trails and up. Limit groups of 5, reservations are recommended, bring a water pack. Call Different Spokes at (406) 995-5849 to reserve your spot today!
Use Caution when Biking
Trails are not patrolled, use at your own risk. Most of Big Sky's mountain bike trails are steep and rocky. Personal protective equipment is advised.
Prior mountain bike experience recommended. Extreme exposure. Loose rock roads.
- Always wear a helmet and ride in control
- Be nice - don't startle people or wildlife
- Yield to hikers and service vehicles
- Be sure your gear is in good working order
- Watch for construction vehicles
- Respect private property and route closures
- Tread lightly and DO NOT LITTER
- Set a good example for new riders
During the summer season, access to the Big Sky Resort for recreational purposes is free of charge. A lift ticket are required for the privilege of riding the chair lift(s), but lift tickets do NOT create access to Big Sky Resort.
Call Us: (406) 995-5769