Saturday, February 4
Build a dummy, launch a dummy, crash a dummy, and enjoy belly laughing fun at this years Dummy Jump Saturday, February 4, 2017. The prize purse has increased! 1st Place=$500 Big Sky Resort Gift Card 2nd Place=$250 Big Sky Resort Gift Card 3rd Place=$100 Big Sky Resort Gift Card . Registration is FREE! Organize your team and begin building your dummy now!
Prize amounts represent monetary value of prize. Prizes are not cash.
- A Dummy must be built that can (a) ski by itself in a straight line, and (b) launch off a ski jump.
- Dummies must have an attachment point for towing it up Ambush day-of the event. Make sure this attachment point is capable of supporting the weight of the dummy.
- Dummies may not contain liquids that will stain the snow, i.e. paint or dye of any sort
- Dummies may not contain sand, gravel, concrete, or similar substances.
- Dummies may not contain hazardous materials, materials that are excessively messy or difficult to remove from snow.
- Dummies may not include inherently dangerous materials or sharp objects, i.e. metal swords.
- Absolutely no pyrotechnics, flame or fireworks may be included on the Dummy.
- Teams that wish to keep their Dummy need to remove them after the event.
- Balance Balance Balance!
- Use straight, long skis
- Keep the center of gravity low to the ground.
- The better the Dummy self-destructs, the better the chance it has to win!
- MVP/ Best Looking
- Biggest Accuracy in America (bull's eye)
Please keep Dummy appropriate for all ages. Remember you must be able to transfer your Dummy by hand to the Summit Hotel Clock Tower.
11am-Noon | Summit Clock Tower
Noon-1:30pm | Ambush Headwall
2pm | Ambush Headwall
4:30pm | Montana Jack