Kids Adventure Games
Friday, July 7 through Sunday, July 9
Big Sky Resort
The Kids Adventure GamesTM offers kids, ages 6 through 14, the opportunity to experience the thrill of adventure racing. The races emphasize teamwork, problem solving, sportsmanship, environmental awareness and fun. The kids cross the finish line, muddy, sweaty, smiling and full of pride. The intent of the Kids Adventure GamesTM is to be challenged yet have fun, be determined, develop good character, sportsmanship, teamwork, build grit and resiliency, be able to think on your feet and finish the day with a smile.
See Available Lodging Rates
- First Class $150/night
- Moutain View $165/night
- Loft $190/night
- 1 Bedroom $245/night
- 1 Bedroom $190/night
- 2 Bedroom $272/night
- 3 Bedroom $450/night
- Studio $185/night
- 1 Bedroom $275/night
- 2 Bedroom $292
- 3 Bedroom $500
- 4 Bedroom $555
The above rates do not include breakfast.
Or call Big Sky central reservations to book 1-800-548-4486 and mention Kids Adventure Games.
View Age Details
The age group is determined by the age of the oldest team mate. (a 7 year old and a 9 year old will race in the 8/9 category). However, if the ages of team mates span more than consecutive age groups (i.e. 6/7 & 10/11 year old) then that team will race on the day of the youngest racer in the Open category.
Long Course Saturday (Approximately 3.5 miles in length with 15 obstacles)
- Ages 10 - 11
- Ages 12 - 14
Short Course Sunday (Approximately 3 miles in length with 12 obstacles)
- Ages 6 - 7
- Ages 8 - 9
Open: ages of teammates are more than 3 years apart (i.e. 7 & 11 year old).
TIME ESTIMATE: Participants generally finish the course within 1 - 1.5 hours for all course lengths
View Schedule of Events
FRIDAY, JULY 7
- 12:00pm - 12.45pm Skills Clinic Check In
- 3:00pm - 5.00pm Adventure Racers Check In
- 1:00pm - 5.00pm Optional Skills Clinic (See Link to the Right)
SATURDAY, JULY 8 AND SUNDAY, JULY 9
- 8:00am - Wave #1 Racers Arrive - Place Bikes in Bike Drop Area.
- 8:30am - Safety Talk and Race Instructions.
- 9:00am - Wave #1 Racers Start - two minute intervals between each 2 teams.
- 9:30am - Wave #2 Racers Arrive - Place Bikes in Bike Drop Area.
- 10:00am - Safety Talk and Race Instructions.
- 10:30am - Wave #2 Racers Start - two minute intervals between each 2 teams.
- 11:00am - Wave #3 Racers Arrive - Place Bikes in Bike Drop Area.
- 11:30am - Safety Talk and Race Instructions.
- 12:00pm - Wave #3 Racers Start - two minute intervals between each 2 teams.
- 1:30 - 2:30pm - TBD: After Party and Awards Ceremony. 20 minutes after last team has finished