How to make your ski trip to Big Sky carbon-neutral
A ski trip to Big Sky is all about deep snow, clean air, and pristine scenery. That’s why we’re so passionate about environmental sustainability and doing all we can to preserve and protect the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem today and into the future. ForeverProject, Big Sky and Boyne Resort's sustainability initiative, outlines our goal to eliminate Big Sky Resort’s atmospheric impact by operating with net-zero carbon emissions by 2030.
This winter, we invite guests to make their trips to Big Sky carbon-neutral by offsetting travel emissions. Through an innovative partnership with Tradewater, visitors can calculate the climate impact of their trip to Big Sky and offset their carbon footprint by destroying greenhouse gases.
How does it work?
- Visit bigskyresort.com/offset to access the easy-to-use Tradewater Carbon Calculator to calculate the impact of your trip.
- Enter your details such as travel method, length of stay, lodging arrangements, and the number of travelers.
- See your emission results and equivalents.
- Choose your offset level | 100% = carbon-neutral; 150% = above & beyond; 200% = double.
- Check out to purchase your offset credits.
Then what happens?
Purchased credits allow Tradewater to get to work doing what they do best – collecting and destroying the most potent greenhouse gases in the world. Tradewater focuses on old refrigerants that are over 10,000 times more potent than carbon dioxide. The collection and destruction of these gases prevent them from being released into the atmosphere. This is an essential strategy for fighting climate change.