Summer Operations FAQ
When does Big Sky Resort open for summer?
Big Sky Resort will implement a phased reopening plan for the Summer 2020 season that follows state and local health guidelines, and emphasizes the safety of our guests, team members and community. Summer 2020 operations:
- Golf Course - May 22
- Whitewater Inn - May 22
- Bunker Deck and Grill - May 29
- Bike Park - June 26
- Scenic Lift Rides - June 26
- Vista Hall Dining - June 26
- Mountain Village Retail Outlets - June 26
- Plaza and Outdoor Area - June 26
- Mountain Village Lodging - July 1
- Basecamp Activities - July 1
What activities are open at Big Sky Resort this summer?
Summer activities include: golf, mountain biking, hiking, scenic lift rides, Nature and Adventure Ziplines, Archery, Lone Peak Expeditions, and The Escape Room. All guided activities will be private experiences for the health and safety of our guests and team members.
Are there any travel restrictions for out-of-state travelers entering Montana?
Beginning on June 1, there will be no restrictions or quarantine requirements for out-of-state travelers visiting Montana. If you arrive prior to June 1, please note the 14-day quarantine is still effective.
Is Big Sky Resort adjusting operations to allow for social distancing and increased sanitation?
Yes. Please visit our website for information on social distancing and safety practices in light of Covid-19.
What safety practices are expected of guests?
- Stay home if you are sick
- Wash your hands often
- Avoid close contact
- Please bring your own cloth face cover and wear it when you cannot maintain 6' of social distance
- If possible, purchase products and activities online prior to arrival and use cashless forms of payment when in-resort
What safety practices are expected of employees?
Team Members will be provided with PPE, and participate in daily health screenings before each shift. Mitigation efforts are in place to minimize team member interaction with guests when appropriate. Covid-19 specific protocols are part of team member education.
Which dining options are available this summer?
- The Bunker Deck and Grill will open at the Golf Course on May 29 for take-out orders, delivery on the course, and limited outdoor seating. The Beverage Cart will also be open for to-go beverages.
- Vista Hall will open in Mountain Village on June 26. Take-out options and limited indoor and outdoor seating are available.
- Westward Social, Chet's Bar & Grill, and Mocha in the Huntley will open on July 1. Indoor and outdoor seating will be offered with limited capacity and to-go options are available.
- Third party restaurants such as The Hungry Moose and Yeti Dogs plan to open in June.
Can I pre-purchase activities online?
Yes! All of our summer activities are available for pre-purchase online to minimize contact.
Will the resort have masks available for guests?
Please bring your own cloth face cover and wear it when you cannot maintain 6' of social distance.