United expands Winter Air Service into BZN
Tuesday, August 8, 2017
To better service powder-hungry skiers eyeing the slopes this season, United Airlines announced today that it's significantly expanding air service into Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport for the upcoming winter season.
Beginning around the end of December, United Airlines will increase the number of flights and the available seats to Bozeman from San Francisco, Los Angeles, Denver, Chicago, Houston and New York/Newark. The result will increase air service into the Bozeman region by 30 percent.
During peak season, United will offer up to 12 daily departures during the peak winter season.
"New air service like United just announced is a critical piece to the economic growth and lifestyle that makes Big Sky and the Gallatin such a great place to work, live and visit," said Big Sky Resort General Manager Taylor Middleton.
This the single largest expansion of winter air service into Bozeman Yellowstone International, said Airport Director Brian Sprenger.
The United Airlines service expansion details are the following:
- United will increase nonstop service to/from Los Angeles between Dec. 20 and March 26 and between March 31 and April 1.
- United will increase nonstop daily service to/from New York/Newark between Dec. 20 and Jan. 7, and Saturday/Sunday service between Jan. 8 and Feb. 14, and between March 19 and April 1.
- United will increase nonstop daily service to/from Houston between Dec. 20 and Jan. 7, and between Feb. 15 and March 18. United will also increase Saturday/Sunday service to Houston between Jan. 8 and Feb. 14, and between March 19 and April 1.
- United Airlines will increase daily nonstop service to/from San Francisco between Dec. 20 and March 26 and between March 31 and April 1.
- United will increase service with up to five flights daily to/from Denver, year-round.
- United will increase service with up to three flight daily to/from Chicago, year-round.
"United is proud to offer easy access for our customers flying from six of our U.S. hubs to Bozeman," said Jake Cefolia, United's vice president of sales. "More flights to world-class skiing in Bozeman is now just a short flight away."
About Big Sky Resort:
Big Sky Resort, established in 1973, is located in the Northern Rockies of southwest Montana between Bozeman, Montana and Yellowstone National Park. Big Sky Resort is the Biggest Skiing in America with 5,800+ acres offering an average of two acres per skier and 4,350 vertical drop. Big Sky Resort is owned by Boyne Resorts, a Michigan-based corporation and the largest family-run four-season resort company in North America. Boyne Resorts also owns Cypress Mountain near Vancouver, British Columbia; Boyne Mountain, Boyne Highlands, and The Inn at Bay Harbor, all in Michigan; Brighton in Utah; Crystal Mountain and The Summit at Snoqualmie in Washington; Loon Mountain in New Hampshire; Sugarloaf and Sunday River Resort in Maine; and Gatlinburg Sky Lift in Tennessee.