The Big Sky Experience
The Biggest Skiing in America and Basecamp to Yellowstone National Park.
Welcome to Big Sky Resort where a minimum of 400 inches of powder fall on 5,800+ skiable acres and 4,350 vertical feet. Lift lines are small to non-existent. More than 2,300 acres of beginner and intermediate terrain, and 3,525 acres of advanced and expert terrain, and 300 degrees of skiing off of Lone Peak. The mountain boasts one of the most innovative lift systems in the world, with the first 8-seat, D-line lift coming to North America for Winter Season 2018-19, featuring ergonomically-shaped, heated seats and a weather-proof bubble. No matter if you are learning how to ski, or consider yourself the best skier on the mountain, Big Sky Resort promises to leave you permagrinning and with memories to last a lifetime.
The Biggest Skiing in America
- Space to Ski - 5,800+ seamless skiable acres with 4,350 vertical drop.
- More Slope Time - Ski more lines by not waiting in line.
- Consistent Snowfall - Based on historical weather patterns, total annual snowfall of 400" fluctuates very little from year to year.
- Terrain Variety - The best mix of beginner (15%), intermediate (25%), advanced (42%), and expert (18%) terrain for seamless skiing between 4 mountains served by 36 lifts with more than 300 runs.
- Lone Peak, the one and only - Ride the Lone Peak Tram to 11,166 feet for 300˚ of skiing, views of 3 states, and 2 National Parks. Breathtaking to see, breathtaking to ski.
The Big Sky Community