Saturday, February 3 at 11:00 AM
Join us for the 15th annual Dummy Jump. Form a team of like-minded, scheming friends and/or co-workers, and then build a Dummy. Please keep Dummy appropriate for all ages. Remember you must be able to transfer your Dummy by hand to the Summit Hotel Clock Tower.
Event Location and Schedule:
- 11:00am-12:00pm: Dummy check-in/ Dummy Registration - Summit Clock Tower (Must be present to register dummy)
- 12:00pm-1:30: Dummy Parade (Dummy Transport up Ambush)
- 2:00pm: Dummy launch commences - Ambush headwall. Best viewing location: slope side on Ambush
- 4:30pm: Awards - Plaza (or Montana Jack)
- A Dummy must be built that can (a) ski by itself in a straight line, and (b) launch off a ski jump.
- Dummies must have an attachment point for towing it up Ambush day-of the event. Make sure this attachment point is capable of supporting the weight of the dummy.
- Dummies may not contain liquids that will stain the snow, i.e. paint or dye of any sort.
- Dummies may not contain sand, gravel, concrete, or similar substances.
- Dummies may not contain hazardous materials, materials that are excessively messy or difficult to remove from snow.
- Dummies may not include inherently dangerous materials or sharp objects, i.e. metal swords.
- Absolutely no pyrotechnics, flame or fireworks may be included on the Dummy.
- Teams that wish to keep their Dummy need to remove them after the event.
- Creativity, Amplitude, Structure, Destruction, MVP, Biggest Accuracy in America (bull's eye)
- Balance Balance Balance!
- Use straight, long skis
- Keep the center of gravity low to the ground.
- The better the Dummy self-destructs, the better the chance it has to win!
- 1st place: $500 Big Sky Resort gift card
- 2nd place: $250 Big Sky Resort gift card
- 3rd place: $100 Big Sky Resort gift card
Free to Register!