This website seeks to comply with best practices and standards, targeting level AA of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. These guidelines set forth how to make the internet user friendly and content accessible for individuals with disabilities.
The pages of this website are being assessed with the WAVE Validation Tool from WebAIM and checkmycolours.com from Giovanni Scala to evaluate for compliance to accessibility guidelines. This is an ongoing process to improve the content accessibility of the website.
This website includes the following accessibility features:
- Inclusion of meaningful alternative text for images and links.
- Using text in place of images when possible.
- Descriptive copy used for text links.
- Navigation built user-friendly for keyboards, including Skip to Content links.
Known Accessibility Issues
We in the process of redesigning our website with accessibility guidelines in mind to fix remaining issues, including:
- PDF accessibility issues.
- Miscellaneous accessibility issues.
- W3C accessibility guidelines, an explanation of the reasons behind each guideline.
- JAWS, a screen reader for Windows.
- Lynx, a text-only web browser for blind users with refreshable Braille displays.
- Links, a text-only web browser for visual users with low bandwidth.