Big Sky Rippers
- The pinnacle of our Youth Local Program progression, designed for expert skiers and riders
9:15 AM - 3:15 PM
Rippers is designed for 10-17 year-old expert skiers and riders who have an avid interest in progressing their skills further while embracing a teamwork mentality. Learn expert ski tasks, avalanche awareness, beacon skills, teamwork, and independent decision-making. Big Sky's most skilled instructors reinforce fundamental techniques and help students apply these skills to big mountain terrain with an emphasis on safety and decision-making.
2021 Local Program Dates
Session 1: January 9 - February 7 (Registration Closed)
Session 2: February 27 - March 28
Big Sky Rippers registration is closed.
Some limited availability may be available. Please contact the Mountain Sports School of the desired base area.
Big Sky Rippers Information
- Suitable for skiers and snowboarders 10 and up
- Rippers are expected to ski/ride at Level 9 on the first day of lessons in order to facilitate the objectives of the program. This translates as your child comfortably skiing Marx or Cold Spring before entering the Rippers program.
- Avalanche gear will be required for all Rippers. This includes a working beacon, pack, shovel, and probe that Rippers will be expected to bring with them every weekend.
- Groups are capped at 4 students per instructor
Youth Local Program Information
Big Sky Resort has been committed to helping local skiers and families learn and love skiing for decades. Our local youth programs are offered in two five-week sessions, grouped by age:
- 3-4 years old — Skiwees
- 4-6 years old — Mad Wolf
- 7-14 years old — Wolverines
- 10-17 years old — Rippers
- Snowboarders 7-14 years old — Club Shred
Big Sky Resort offers lessons based in two different meeting spots: Mountain Village and Madison Base. When booking, please note the meeting location for your lesson.
A local coordinator will contact you to answer your questions and provide more details on each program following your enrollment.
Skip the paper bag lunch and have a hot lunch provided for your child every day while they are at camp! Daily lunch can be added for full-day sessions for $50.
Lessons are non-transferable. Lift tickets are required during sessions and are not included in the session price. We recommend that participants in our Youth Local Programs have a season pass. Please call the Mountain Village Snow Sports office for the best rate. For students 7-14 a discounted lift ticket can be purchased for $69 online at the time of purchase or in the office at check-in.