Big Sky Resort is closed for the winter. Mountain Sports bookings for winter 2023-24 will be available in early summer. We look forward to seeing you next year!
9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
1:15 - 4:15 p.m.
Big Sky's Tram and upper mountain advanced terrain is thrilling, unique, and a challenge to even the most advanced skiers. Experience Big Sky's biggest offerings in confidence with our certified Tram Guides.
You'll start the day off with your guide to gauge your ability level and understand your objectives for the day and make a plan to explore the Lone Peak Tram or other upper mountain terrain such as the Headwaters/AZ Chutes hike.
Please note that if you're looking to hike the Headwaters/AZs, ski the Big Couloir, or North Summit Snowfield, you must have a full-day guide to allow for hiking or terrain signout time allowance. Tram access is included with this guided session, and groups are able to priority load the Tram.
|Sessions starting at|
|Full-Day Tram Guide||$1,275|
|Half-Day Tram Guide||$975 - call to book|
|Full-Day Tram Guide with First Tracks||$1,375|
- Ski or snowboard
- Maximum 2 participants per guide
- Advanced ability required
- Available at Mountain Village and Madison Base
- First Tracks Guide includes an hour of skiing before the mountain opens to the public
- Depending on your terrain goals your guide will equip you with avalanche safety equipment
Free Rental Delivery
Book your rentals with Big Sky Sports Rentals and get free rental delivery when you've booked a Mountain Sports lesson, guide, or program
Mountain Sports Information
- Your lesson meeting location will be detailed in your confirmation email. Big Sky Resort offers lessons based in three different meeting spots: Mountain Village, Madison Base, and the Montage Hotel (for guests of the hotel & Spanish Peaks). Please note which location you have booked your lesson.
- Please note that we do not allow day-of registration for Group Lessons.
- Lift tickets are required during sessions and are not included in the session price (except for Learn to Ski/Ride Lessons).
- Rental equipment is not included in lessons.
- Children may not always ride lifts with an instructor.
- Please add 4% tax to all prices.
We understand that sometimes your plans change after you’ve purchased your Mountain Sports Lesson/Guide. Our credit policy allows you to receive credit for your purchase in the form of a voucher that may be used towards another online purchase. Requests must be made 48 hours in advance of the start date of the product. To cancel contact the Mountain Sports Office at 406-995-5743.