Learn to Ski & Ride
Big Sky Resort is closed for the winter. Mountain Sports bookings for winter 2023-24 will be available in early summer. We look forward to seeing you next year!
Mountain Village only
9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Learn to ski or snowboard! First-time skiers and riders can learn the fundamentals from professional instructors in a safe and easy environment. We'll also cover safety, equipment, and how to dress for comfort.
Lesson includes the full-day lesson and a Beginner Lift Ticket.
- Ski or snowboard
- Suitable for adults 15 +
- Available at Mountain Village only
Free Rental Delivery
Book your rentals with Big Sky Sports Rentals and get free rental delivery when you've booked a Mountain Sports lesson, guide, or program
Mountain Sports Information
- Your lesson meeting location will be detailed in your confirmation email. Big Sky Resort offers lessons based in three different meeting spots: Mountain Village, Madison Base, and the Montage Hotel (for guests of the hotel & Spanish Peaks). Please note which location you have booked your lesson.
- Please note that we do not allow day-of registration for Group Lessons.
- Lift tickets are required during sessions and are not included in the session price (except for Learn to Ski/Ride Lessons).
- Rental equipment is not included in lessons.
- Children may not always ride lifts with an instructor.
- Please add 4% tax to all prices.
We understand that sometimes your plans change after you’ve purchased your Mountain Sports Lesson/Guide. Our credit policy allows you to receive credit for your purchase in the form of a voucher that may be used towards another online purchase. Requests must be made 48 hours in advance of the start date of the product. To cancel contact the Mountain Sports Office at 406-995-5743.