Big Sky Rippers
Rippers is designed for 10-17 year-old expert skiers and riders who have an avid interest in progressing their skills further while embracing a teamwork mentality. Learn expert ski tasks, avalanche awareness, beacon skills, teamwork, and independent decision-making. Big Sky's most skilled instructors reinforce fundamental techniques and help students apply these skills to big mountain terrain with an emphasis on safety and decision-making.
2023-24 Multi-Week Program Dates
December Sessions: December 9-10 and 16-17, 2023 (not available for Ripper's program)
Session 1: January 4 - February 11, 2024
Session 2: February 22 - March 30, 2024
Big Sky Rippers Information
- Suitable for skiers and snowboarders 10 and up
- Tram access on days of the lesson is included in the cost of the program
- Rippers are expected to ski/ride at Level 9 on the first day of lessons in order to facilitate the objectives of the program. This translates as your child comfortably skiing Marx or Cold Spring before entering the Rippers program.
- Avalanche gear will be required for all Rippers. This includes a working beacon, pack, shovel, and probe that Rippers will be expected to bring with them every weekend.
- Groups are capped at 4 students per instructor
Multi-Week Program Information
Big Sky Resort has been committed to helping local skiers and families learn and love skiing for decades. Our multi-week youth programs are offered in two six-week sessions, grouped by age:
- 3-4 years old — Skiwees
- 4-6 years old — Mad Wolf
- 7-14 years old — Wolverines
- 10-17 years old — Rippers
- Snowboarders 7-14 years old — Club Shred
Offerings vary between Mountain Village and Madison Base. Please take note of the base area when booking.
A coordinator will contact you to answer your questions and provide more details on each program following your enrollment.
Skip the paper bag lunch and have a hot lunch provided for your child every day while they are at camp! Daily lunch can be added for full-day sessions for an additional cost.
Lessons are non-transferable. Lift tickets are required during sessions and are not included in the session price. We recommend that participants in our Multi-Week programs have a season pass. Please call the Mountain Village Mountain Sports office for the best rate. For students 7-14 a discounted lift ticket can be purchased online at the time of purchase or in the office at check-in.